Guest Posting Guidelines
Are you considering submitting a guest post for Photography Playground?
I welcome guest bloggers in the field of photography who have a unique view and/or story to share.
Bloggers or photographers who can write a post about photography that hones in on vision, expression, and emotion and see the photographic technique as a vehicle to get to the desired result.
Guest Posting Guidelines
Before you send in your proposal please read the guidelines below.
Photography Playground is a website for beginning and intermediate photographers who are interested in learning the technical and the creative, expressive aspects of photography. The majority of my readers are women (67%) and men (33%) between the age of 25 and 65.
- You can submit a proposal if you’re an established expert in your field, a pro photographer, or a semi-professional photographer and you have valuable tips to share.
- Your post must be evergreen and be relevant all year round.
- My audience responds well to actionable, how-to tutorials that explain a photographic topic in plain language.
- The emphasis on the website is to teach people to photograph their world as it FEELS like ~ not what it looks like. Making a connection between the technical and the emotional aspects of photography is always encouraged. So make sure your post is written with that in mind.
- I’m not looking for super technical content or gear reviews.
- Anything photography related including post-production, organizing, and phone photography.
- Photography Playground focuses on the ‘life as it unfolds’ approach in photography. You will not find posts about flash photography, studio photography, or a couple posing guide and I’d like to keep it that way.
- Avoid topics that are already covered on the blog. Find the gap in the content and come up with an interesting, personal or unique angle to cover that.
- Types of posts that do well are:
- I’m always open to new ideas so if you’re not sure your idea fits just shoot me an email and we can discuss further.
- Your post is well written, in English, and free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- It is well researched and optimized for SEO, contains headings and subheadings, and an introduction.
- The post is between 600 and 2000 words. If you want to submit a long post it might be more suitable for a series. Just let me know if you want to write a series.
- Your post is written in your own voice, with personality and uniqueness.
- I reserve the right to adjust your text when I believe it to be necessary.
- The photos you include are of high quality and preferably your own. The photos should be a total inspiration for the reader and show them what to aspire for. You can include 6 photos in your post.
- If you do not own the copyright to the images you need to provide a release form as I do not want to publish anything without the explicit consent of the maker of the image.
- When you submit a guest post you confirm that it is your own original text which has not been published before. Your blog post cannot infringe on any copyrights.
- You can repurpose content but you cannot submit something that is a word-for-word copy of something that has already been published. By you or anybody else.
- Once the post has been published on photography-playground.com you cannot publish it elsewhere. This does not apply to your images.
- You are expected to share the post with your social media following and/or share a link to the post from your website.
- A photo of you and a short bio of approx. 50 words will be placed in the header of the post.
- At the bottom of the post will be an author bio that includes links to your website/blog and social media channels.
- I use Gravatar.com for the author’s bio photo. If you don’t have an account with a photo uploaded please do that before you submit the post.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send an email to karin[at]photography-playground.com with your proposal.
- Include Guest Blog [Your Name] in the subject line.
- Tell me your name, email address, and relevant links to your website, blog, and/or social media channels.
- Share your area of expertise and why you think you’re a good fit for the readers of Photography Playground.
- 3-5 Sample titles you think are of interest to my readers.
- Please, confirm in your email that you’ve read and agree to the guest posting guidelines.
I look forward to hearing from you!