Photography Mentoring Sessions
1-2-1 Programs For the Beginner to Aspiring Pro
Photography Mentoring Sessions
One-to-One photography mentoring sessions are right for you if you’re looking for a bespoke photography program that aligns with where YOU are in your photography journey today.
YOU’RE STILL IN AUTO MODE.
If you just bought your first camera and are stuck in Auto Mode we will start with the photography basics like shooting in Manual Mode, how to work with light and how to frame for a compelling composition.
YOU’RE GETTING THE HANG OF IT.
If you’re shooting in Manual Mode most of the time we can focus on telling stories, expressing yourself through your images, and discovering your why.
READY TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL.
If you consider yourself an advanced shooter, we can hone in on where you want to take your passion for photography next by exploring business options, website design, in-depth portfolio reviews, and project development.
Hi! I’m Karin
I’M A PASSIONATE PHOTOGRAPHER, A WRITER, AND A PHOTOGRAPHY MENTOR.
I was born with an insatiable curiosity for the lives of people outside my familiar circle and cultures foreign to me. This led to a love for travel and ultimately to a move to Lisbon where I’ve lived for the past couple of years.
I’ve done a lot of different things in photography but I’m at my best when I’m photographing the unscripted life as it unfolds in front of my lens in all its beauty and chaos.
Since I graduated from the art university in the Netherlands I’ve worked with magazines, artists, companies, entrepreneurs, and families.
I’ve made day-in-the-life stories, wedding photography, birth photography, portraits, travel photography, and documentary photography for them.
I also volunteered as a photographer for several charity causes.
PHOTOGRAPHERS WITHOUT BORDERS
Why choose photography mentoring sessions?
Because it’s All About YOU!
Yes! It’s all about you and your dreams, goals, and aspirations. You can ask me anything. I am an open book and love to share my 25+ years of experience with you. I don’t hold back and will generously give you the answers you seek.
Possible topics we can cover:
- For the beginning photographer, photography basics like shooting in manual mode, shutter speed, aperture, ISO, lenses, shooting in raw, and focus.
- Growing your skills with natural lighting, composition, workflow, and editing.
- How to become confident in your creativity and make expressive, intentional photographs.
- How to tell meaningful, ethical, and emotional stories through a documentary approach in photography.
- The most important thing you can do as a fledgling photographer…. how to discover your why.
- Receive honest, friendly, and constructive feedback on your images with in-depth portfolio reviews.
- Develop a strong online presence through compelling website design, image galleries, and text.
- Get specific photographic guidance for your brand, blog, or business and learn how to create consistent and authentic storytelling images.
- Coaching around developing a documentary photography project. How to set it up, how to write a proposal, define your goals, and decide on the story you want to tell.
How to start a photography business with advice on finding your niche, social media, marketing, and blogging.
“I am very grateful to have found Karin and to have made the decision to undertake her mentoring classes. She developed a program tailored specifically for me according to the skills that I needed to develop and also the direction that I want to take my photography. She has helped me to find my ‘why’, which makes my approach to taking photos so much more intentional. Her 5 domain framework is a fantastic tool for guiding your photography. Karin has many years of experience in the field of photography and she generously shared her knowledge and skills. Thank you Karin for your presence, generosity, and patience. I am excited to see where this photographic journey takes me!”
-Melissa, Mentoring Student
“The lessons Karin gave to me were very pleasant. She taught me how the camera works and showed me there isn’t just one right way of using it. She has a lot of beautiful examples to inspire you. She has a playful approach and a warm personality. And you learn how to put your own perspective into the image. I would recommend her as a teacher to everyone that’s willing to really know what photos are about.”
-Fleur, Mentoring Student
“Photography mentoring with Karin was one of the best investments I have made in both myself and my photography. Her unique approach produced almost immediate results. The ability to have focused instruction and feedback was fantastic and the improvement in my photography has been noted by family and friends alike. I would highly recommend Karin as a warm, talented, and effective instructor.”
-Christine, Mentoring Student
“I felt it was creative and with possibilities to discover different ways of photographing. It concentrated on something very important that sometimes other photography teachers forget to mention and talk about which is actually the most important part of doing photography – our body. Being aware of our positions, using our body parts, and placing ourselves in the weirdest positions ever. It frees a photographer’s body which means it will free your way of making photographs as well! It was a simple exercise but very powerful! I personally never had a teacher talking about it the way you did.”
-Linora, Mentoring Student
How Does it Work?
- We start with a free 15-minute zoom call to discover where you are in your photography journey and what your goals are.
- The structure and the content of the sessions will be determined by you and your goals. But this will also be based on my advice of what I know you need to focus on.
- We set long- and short-term goals, create a plan to achieve them, and celebrate when you do.
- You receive assignments and you learn how to reflect on your photos to become an independent thinking photographer.
- Photography mentoring sessions involve meeting online or in-person if you live in the Lisbon area.
- We’ll meet twice a month for 1,5 hours. Times are flexible and we will take your individual schedule into account as well as different timezones.
- Send me an email to schedule the first free explore call and then we take it from there.
- Also, email me if you want to talk about sharing the mentorship with another student, a different structure to better fit your needs, monthly/quarterly payment plans, or a one-time photo critique session.
- 3-month program, 6 sessions of 1,5 hours €700,00
- 6-month program, 12 sessions of 1,5 hours €1250,00
- 12-month program, 24 sessions of 1,5 hours €2500,00
Send me a Message
Let me know where you are in your photography journey and what you want to achieve.
Please also share convenient timeslots for you and your timezone to schedule your free explore call!